Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hunger Games

If you are in my book club, you can stop reading here. The Hunger Games were on a list of books (including Twilight) that I told myself I would never read. This prejudice statement was based solely on the fact that all the people I knew who liked Hunger Games also liked Twilight which I can't stand the thought of. Well for book club it was on our book list, thus I had to read it. The first week were supposed to read the first seventy pages or so... It was so bad I could only force 30, the next week was 100 pages at which point I instead read 340 pages. I finished the book in one day, thoroughly enjoying it. My favorite character was Peeta by far his life was very relatable to me. Least favorite character Katniss read the book and you can probably figure it out. I recommend this book to anyone who is not super easily offended.

1 comment:

  1. That book is pretty awesome. In my opinion, the quality of the story degrades as you move forward in the series. I was disappointed with the third book, but found it a bit more bearable the second time I read through it.

    I think it's a great series and I'm glad that it got the hype it deserved, but the teen-girl obsessions are so annoying! Especially since I know the family, mainly the little brother, of the actor who will play Peeta in the upcoming movies. It's kind of freaky to see girls posing with his cardboard cut out....

    I first read the book shortly after it was released, and read the second and third whenever they were released as well. It always got really great reviews, but never this much obsession. I'm afraid that despite my initial liking to the book, all this excitement hurts my opinion of it.

    There are a lot of social themes that I don't agree with, but there is a lot of moral meaning. I can't even imagine how awesome it would be if it were written as Christian teen fiction. I think that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete