Popular Posts

Friday, March 9, 2012

Daily reading

I am sure you have heard of it's importance before, but I am going to reiterate the importance of reading scripture every day. I like to read a little every morning over night because I find it is better to start the day in scripture so you have that mind set through the day. For those of you who have never taken up daily reading I suggest starting in Romans. If you need someone to hold you accountable or someone to guide you through reading contact me on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. While I agree that reading Scripture every day is the place God uses to focus your heart and mind, I want to throw another option out to you for a place to begin.

    Everyone who's studied God's Word has their "favorites", so I don't disagree with you about Romans. Romans has taught me a lot of knowledge and wisdom about living the crucified life in Christ...but I would encourage anyone just starting out with an open Bible to turn to the book of John.

    We can NEVER fully understand the depth of God's Love for us that He expressed through the life of Jesus...but John is a great place to start. Without a foundational base of knowing that God loves us with an incomparable love, any of Paul's writings have the potential to become overwhelming and seemingly impossible to live up to. But when we begin to comprehend God's passionate, wild, relentless Love for us we can, perhaps, embrace the crucified life that Paul exemplified and challenged us to live.

    Keep reading! You appear to be on an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I just like Romans because it is where I started and it helped me a lot because of a few particular versus. I will probably read John next I just feel that a lot of times John is the go to book because so many people know it by heart.

    ReplyDelete