Popular Posts

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prayer

In my opinion prayer is one of the most important things we as Christians overlook/under use & under appreciate.Praying is a way we can cry out to God; a direct communication to him better than email, text message, or phone call.  A lot of people will only use prayer in times of darkness when life gets rough they pray for God to come apply a holy band-aid of sorts and make it better; but when it come around to the good times they seem to forget him. Then there are people who praise him for the good times but are angry with him during the bad. Then there are those who simply don't pray. When I was younger before Christ was truly a part of my life I used to think of prayer as something you were supposed to do before dinner and if you were a super christian before bed as well. Prayer should be done throughout the day through thick and then praising God all the time and asking him for help when you are weak. Prayer is a very big and important topic so I am going to split up everything I have to say over the next couple days. Here is some scripture that really helps with where prayer's importance is held.
-1 Thessalonians 5:17
-1 Corinthians 14:15
-Romans 10:13
-James 5:16
These are just a few I found helpful feel free to list more in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tyler! I really enjoyed your post this morning! I hope you continue to keep the faith in all your endeavors, I am so very proud of you.
    Here are a few verses that come to mind when I think of prayer.
    Matthew 6:7
    Romans 8:26
    Psalm 4:3
    Ephesians 5:20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog post. I really agree with you in the sense that prayer is really over looked, but probably the most important aspect of being a Christian.

    I'm praying for you and your family for an easy transition into your new home. I hope you continue to blog while your in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on keeping it up sometimes I just have struggles over coming procrastination and slothfulness and doing it.

    ReplyDelete