Popular Posts

Monday, September 24, 2012

Words of Peace for the Uneasy

In the world today it is more than easy to become stressed out over even the smallest details. With the busy schedules we keep and the wide variety of activities we participate in everyday, it can be easy for something to go different than we had planned/hoped. When things seem to turn for the worst I stop and remember what a wise man once told me "I would say that whatever happens would be the best case scenario." At the time I sorta got what he was saying but after being neck deep in what I had originally thought to be a horrid experience coming up, I looked back and fully understood what I did not at that time. God has the world in his control and everything in and around as well, from the smallest to the biggest detail God's authority reigns supreme. So when things seem like they are spiraling out of control instead of resorting to stress I am now trying to remember that God has a plan and it will inevitably be fulfilled maybe not how we imagine but exactly how God has planned it. The reason this comforts me is that not only do I not have to worry about fixing and controlling everything but the man in charge loves me and everyone of you and he has our best interests at heart. At the end of the day things probably won't be going our way at least not all the time, but they are going the way God has planned for us and even the strongest storms of our lives have an end and we have Christ as our shelter to wait them out in.

No comments:

Post a Comment