Popular Posts

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Return

I just got back from the Philippines trip I had mentioned in previous posts, a few days ago. I first wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported this trip whether spiritually or financially without your support this trip would not have been the success it was; there is power in prayer. I wish you all could have gone and had the experience and hopefully one day you might find yourself in the Philippines. It is an unforgettable place, the biggest thing you will notice there coming from America at least is the people. Here everyone (almost) is so self absorbed and caught up in their own schedule and plans that it is almost impossible to just meet someone. When you are in the Philippines everyone wants to shake your hand and meet you, they want to know about you and your story. It didn't sink in until I went into the jails and found not "hardened" criminals but people who wanted to meet me and hear what I had to say; and it was the same with the homeless. We have so much luxury and so many blessings here in the U.S. yet they have not made us thankful quite the opposite we have let them harden us and give us a bad case of entitlement. Personally it was a huge blessing to me meeting the people in the Philippines I made some life long friends there and I hope to go back. Sometimes you don't realize how hard the world has made your heart until someone comes and softens it. There are many things I want to talk about from the Philippines so I will be splitting it up over a series of posts, if you have any specific questions message me on Facebook or send me an email at ib1crazyman@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment